In order to get you pre-approved, I will need the following items from you. This is a free process and I will give you a copy of your credit report for free
Mortgage Pre-Approval Checklist
1. One full month’s or 30 days worth of pay stubs
2. Last 2 years W-2′s
3. Last 2 years tax returns
4. Last two months bank statements for all accounts including 401 k or retirement account if you have one.
The first step we took in our house hunting is mortgage pre-approval. We needed to know how much mortgage we could get. We found our mortgage lender, Churchill Mortgage (and our awesome team member Sue F.), through a friend and booked a meeting.
We weren’t sure if we wanted to even go with this company, so it was our time to interview. Remember, you don’t have to pre-approved with the first lender you see – just make sure you don’t go through the credit check and then decide against them. That’s a check you’ll never get back!
Here are the questions we asked the mortgage lender in the first pre-approval meeting.
Questions about the broker/lending company:
- What does your company charge for fees?
- What’s a good faith estimate, and does your company provide it?
- Do you guarantee your good faith estimate?
- When do you do hard credit checks, and what’s the process?
View original post 409 more words