Kentucky FHA Loan Requirements for 2017 to include Credit Fico Scores, Down Payment, Income and Job history
Kentucky FHA Loan Requirements
The requirements for Kentucky FHA loans are set by HUD.
- Borrowers must have a steady employment history of the last two years within the same industry or line of work. Recent college graduates can use their transcripts to supplant the 2 year work history rule as long as it makes sense.
- Self-Employed will need a 2 year history of tax returns filed with IRS. They will take a 2 year average.
- FHA requires a 3.5% down payment. Can be gifted from family member or from retirement savings plan, or money saved-up. Any type of cash deposits are not allowed for down payments. No exceptions to this rule!! This is one of the biggest issues I see in FHA underwriting nowadays.
- FHA loans are for primary residence occupancy. Not rental houses.
- Borrowers must have a property appraisal from a FHA-approved appraiser.
- Borrowers’ front-end ratio (mortgage payment plus HOA fees…
View original post 453 more words